Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rhythms, Patterns and Processes

So with 4 dogs, I decided that I needed to have some rhythms, patterns, processes.  (Can ya tell that I am not only a Type A personality but used to be an administrator?)  But seriously, controlling chaos is important in my world.  

So socializing the puppy, rehabilitating Shaker, obedience with Russ, and praising Music for breathing are essentials.  Add into that feeding, walking, playtime, and oh ya keeping house and feeding a family and I need patterns, rhythms and processes.

Keeping that all in mind.  Yesterday I leashed up Ella and headed to town to begin my quest of her meeting 100 people and 100 dogs before she is 6 months old.  We made 3 stops and she was a trouper in all settings.  She let adults and children pet her without jumping on anyone.  She even let a couple of people I know well hold her.  She also met 6 or so dogs--some big, some small and she was great.

The only issue we had was with the leash--she hates it.  When the collar and leash were on she wouldn't move--sat like a rock.  Even my best zany goofy shuffle wasn't enough to entice her to move.  I had to carry her.

On the training front, we signed up for an advanced class for Russ and a puppy class for Ella.  I'll decide after tonight what class Shaker will next attend.

This morning Russ, Shaker and I went for our walk by the river.  

There is plenty of play time going on, so much so I decided that a rest period was going to be added to the day.  Not so much for the dogs but so I can get some things like dishes, laundry, and mopping done!

So all in all I think we are making progress toward rhythms, patterns and processes.

No comments: