Monday, December 8, 2008

Before...

Yep there goes the little devil...heading right for the tree!




Now how could I think that this cute puppy is going to tear down tree?





The tree is nearly decorated, only a few ornaments and garland remain to be strung, oh and of course the angel needs to head to the top of the tree, but alas I lost my best helpers to the thrill a blu-ray movie--Raiders of the Lost Ark. So I am sitting looking at the beautiful tree and wishing and hoping that it stays in tact.


But seriously who am I kidding, in the length of time that it has taken me to write the above 3 sentences, Dr. Demento and his side kick Butty (aka Russ and Shaker) have made 3 attempts on the tree and 2 for the Santa collection.


My quiet evening of reading has been seriously interrupted by the following mantras--"Russell leave it", "Bad Dog", "Shaker Drop It", and of course the evening wouldn't be complete without me hissing at them for being juvenile delinquents.


So I close with the hope that I can successfully keep these two clever but naughty puppies from dismantling the tree.




5 comments:

Joy said...

I do understand as I look at my own tree and see the berry trim hanging off. Why? They decided to try and wrestle under the tree. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

You put an xpen around the tree :-)makes a lovely addition to your holiday decorations LOL.

Winjammin' said...

We gave up on a tree several years ago, as all the inmates would join together and topple the tree so they could claim the best antique ornaments for themselves. Now, we celebrate Xmas with a 2ft fiber optic tree that stands on the back of a double tiered end table. They can only reach it by climbing across my lap and on the table.

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Oh yes an x-pen has crossed my mind! In fact when I go to the camper to pick up crates and such today for this weekends show I intend to load them up.

Now the thought of giving up the tree. I cry out NEVER! I'll fight the war until I am a crazy person. LOL

Kim

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.