Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Charcoal


We have a beautiful fire place in our new home. First thing Kathy said was we need to have glass doors put on it and I recoiled and gasped--NO! I told her it was too pretty to ulgy up with glass doors, so she dropped the subject.


Since that early conversation we have had a number of blazing fires. Now inevitably there are a couple of half burnt pieces of wood left in the fire place in the morning. Ordinarily this would just be used as firestarters for the next event. Right? Wrong!


Shaker feels it is important to liberate and attempt to eat the charcoal remains. I catch him, take them away, remind him that the fire place is off limits, and the like with each time he steals a piece. I'm thinking that I winning the game and that he is learning to leave the fire place alone. Wrong again. Yesterday he pooped charcoal!


So I put a baby gate in front of the fireplace and conceded to Kathy that we needed glass doors.


For those of you keeping score--that's 2 for Shaker and 0 for me. I gave up counting with Russ--he wins! Good thing I have Princess Perfect Music.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Gates, crates, and other off limit blocks make our houses lovely to look at. I'm waiting for when mine aren't needed. I don't see it happening soon.

Sherilyn said...

And somehow you hoped/dreamed that Shaker Baby would be more "well behaved" than half brother Russ? You've met Boo...you decide! ;) hehe I love the boy, but he's too darn smart to be a dog! He's got a way of worming his way into your heart with those "melting" looks and I can't stay mad at him, while he gets away with what Rus and Bekka call "murder". Good luck with that!