Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Christmas Photo Miracle


The traveler came home and I said, "we have to get the Christmas card picture." There was a reluctant reply of "okay." So I put the Cardi Christmas collars on--Shaker quickly adapted to his, Russ is always up for anything showy, and Music said she would wear the darn thing if I promised that she didn't have to wear it ever again.


I conceded to Music's demands, and gathered my crew in front of the Christmas tree. I got them all to sit and said stay and then backed up into the chair. Then I heard "Kim your in the light"...dang everybody got up. Okay repeat the sits and stay---every one stayed and I showed a treat and the traveler clicked. Believe it or not this was the first picture taken.


It will ultimately be our Christmas card picture and it is officially my second favorite Christmas card picture of all time. (It is voted second only to the picture taken of our son when he was 3 and we put him on the back of a pumpkin wagon. He thought it was a hoot and was bent over laughing at the moment the picture was taken. Hands down that one is my favorite, but this one is a close second!)

4 comments:

Sherilyn said...

Gorgeous picture!! I volunteer you and Kathy to come help us with all 8 of ours! ;)

Merry Christmas to all!

Hugs!
Sherilyn

Winjammin' said...

LOL...I'm still waiting for Kim to teach Boo how to "down" ;o)

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

LOL! I need some really tasty, smelly treats and a quiet area without any other males...then I might have a chance....LOL!!!

coopercreek said...

Great picture! Amazing on the first try. Now, can you scan your first favorite picture for all to see?

Merry Christmas!
Laura, Cooper and Carly