Sunday, December 14, 2008

Music's A New Woman




Music has been less than enthusiastic about her show career. She has been clear about her desire to have a soft comfy chair, a warm bed and my pillow and she is a happy girl, but this weekend was different!


We rode up to the show site in my Avalanche. Now despite the fact that we resembled the Beverly Hillbillies--two dogs to a crate, stuff piled to the ceiling, my son crammed in the back with the crates, and the truck bed stuffed to the gills, Music found a new friend and was apparently inspired by him. His name is Frank, and is a litter mate of Shaker's. They rode in a crate together and Music fell in love.


In the hotel room they snuggled in the chair, at the show site they enjoyed each others company in the crate, and in the shuttle to the show site Music only wanted to be by Frank. Indeed we discovered her desire to be only with Frank when I tried to walk her and Shaker onto the shuttle. She all but turned herself inside out trying to get away from the evil puppy Shaker to get near the angel puppy Frank.


So this is the back drop to the conformation ring... First we were sitting ring side waiting to go in and she was begging for food. I could have fallen over backwards, she has never begged for food at a show. In fact she has spurned food. Then we walked in for her class, and she moved out faster than she has ever moved out for me with her tail wagging in the correct carriage. I couldn't believe my eyes, but boy 'O boy was I going with it. (Now if I can only discover the trick to unlock her ears!)


So here's what I know for sure--we are traveling with Frank more often! See ya soon Frankie boy!

3 comments:

Winjammin' said...

Ooohhhh....next time maybe you could ask her where Frankie is...maybe that'll unlock her ears. We had to do that for atime with Boo....except it was a "where's mom?"

Congrats on getting her happy and going in the ring!!! That's wonderful!!

Joy said...

Sounds to me like she's in love with a younger man. I think I heard on TV that's called being a cougar. Isn't it great to be in love???

Sherilyn said...

Nothing wrong with being a cougar. :) Go Music!! Gotta love those younger men!!