Monday, December 1, 2008

Shaker Baby's First Snow











It snowed 3" in wonderful Iowa on Sunday. We awoke to the breath taking sight of trees glistening with freshly fallen snow. Of course the boys were eager to go outside and play. (Please note that was boys and did not include Music who felt the snow was best enjoyed from the comfort of the bed!)


Anyway we let the boys out to romp in the snow and Shaker was a hoot. He immediately figured out that if he buried his nose a bit and came up quickly that he could make snow balls. He would push the snow balls to make them bigger. He would then push the snow balls off the porch. Each time he launched a ball he would hop with glee.


I figured that 30 minutes in the cold was plenty and tried to call the two Cardi kids in, and I was met with a "no thank-you." So I let them play a little longer and tried again. This time Russ came in but Shaker gave me the Cardi finger and bounded to the other end of the deck. At this point I am thinking, "that darn dog is going to make me put clothes on and come and get him." But HA! I remembered I had a doggie cookie in my pocket. So I yelled, "Shaker Find Front" and yep, it worked like a charm, he came galloping from a far to plant a beautiful straight sit right in front of me. I gave him his cookie and shooed him in the house.



At this point I am feeling pretty smug, so I put him on the bed with the rest of the kids and crawled back into bed. He then proceeded to lay at the foot of the bed whining and pining to go back to the snow!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Isn't fun to watch the "firsts"?