Monday, August 11, 2008

As the Day Progresses







All the kids--human and Cardi--are sleeping so I thought I would take a minute to bring you all up to speed on the day between 7:15 and now...


Trust me there has been no nap for these middle aged bones, but in its place a great deal of activity. First I had the Russ, Moose and Shaker show. Shaker found a little brown stuffed dog toy just the perfect size for him, but Russ and Moose had other ideas. First Moose had it, then Russ got it from him meanwhile poor little Shaker is trying to catch up. Shaker eventually retreated to his "safe haven" under the futon.


Of course, the whole time I am engaged in a non stop verbal montage of "Baby pet the puppy nicely", "no baby, don't pull his ears", and of course "here sweety let me show you how to pet the puppy."


Shaker is like clock work with his every two hour potty break. So the way I figured that I had about 30 minutes before he needed to go out again, and the baby was sleeping so it was the perfect time to take the 3 boys outside. All goes well, until I went through the kitchen with a load of laundry and step bare footed in a pile of doggy doo! Sigh. Of course it couldn't just be on the tile, but also on the towel we keep under the water bowl. Sigh.


Russ and Shaker are forming a good bond and I hear them playing in the living room while I am cleaning up the doo. Upon closer inspection they are playing tug of war with my son's phone charger. I didn't have time to take a picture of it but caught one later of them playing tug with a lead.

It is about this time that Moose takes refuge in a crate and Fred squirrels himself under a table out of the line of fire.

Then I see Shaker pulling with all of his might on one of the buckles of a boat coat (aka life jacket). Now you might ask, "why would this be a problem?" Well I have about a dozen neoprene ski vests stacked on a rocking chair. Just as I am running for the dog or jackets the whole pile comes down on him. I am sure he is crushed, so am unearthing him as fast as I can when he comes wiggling out of the pile. He's fine but I might not be right for a while!



1 comment:

Mel said...

This really is a cuteness overload I just can't take it!