Saturday, August 2, 2008

Satin Balls


What do you get when you mix 10 lbs cheap hamburger (high fat %),1 large box Total cereal (about 12 cups cereal)1 large box uncooked oatmeal, (about 15 cups oats)10 raw eggs,1 15oz jar wheat germ,10 packages Knox unflavored gelatin,1 and 1/4 cup vegetable oil,1 and 1/4 cup unsulphered molasses and a pinch of salt? Why Satin Balls of course!


I'll bet you are wondering why on earth I would be elbow deep in 10lbs of cheap hamburger, oatmeal, raw eggs and the like. Well Russ' Aunt Cindy said it was a surefire way to put some weight on my skinny show dog. So I mixed up a batch--what a disgusting process, but all worth it if he puts some meat on his bones.


The first day he ate one just fine, but the second day he decided that he wasn't going to eat them. So here I am breaking apart the Satin Ball feeding little bits to him and teeny tiny bites to Music, so that the little brat will eat the stuff that is supposed to fatten him up. So not only did I have to experience the raw meat, Total cereal, molasses, and such once but I am reliving the experience 3 times a day!

Oh yeah I almost forgot, I have to pretend to be eating the darn thing off a plate before he takes it from me! I can't even begin to tell you how much I hope he puts weight on quickly. Who ever heard of a skinny Corgi?

No comments: