Monday, August 4, 2008

Dog Gone Stupid!


Music is in season and Russ has gone stupid on me. My smart figure it out puppy has gone totally wacko. Let's chronicle a few of the highlights--

1) He won't eat. Not a thing--not Satin Balls, not treats, and certainly not dog food even with broth. (Vick's vapor rub is coming home tonight!)
2) Chasing and barking at the cats incessantly. I chased him away from the bed at least 15 x this morning. Usually he goes back once but quickly figures out I mean business about the no barking thing. Not today.
3) For weeks I have been working on controlling his herding drive. He has to sit and wait for me to release him when cars, joggers, bikes, etc. go by. We were really making progress well that is until today.
4) Music took his toy away from him 3 times. She has never gotten it from him once before but today he is just clueless.
5) I crated Music and he about broke the door down.
6) I crated him and he flung himself so hard at the door that he flipped the crate over.


I chose his best "woo is me picture" of the day...

2 comments:

Sherilyn said...

I feel for you, Russ and Kim. Poor Boo has had 3 girls in season over the last 2 weeks...he's doing better this time, but he just cries if you take the girls into the other room from him. The last 2 or 3 seasons, he would scream and cry all the time if he couldn't be with them, and he wouldn't even sleep with us in our room, as he always does. This time he has at least learned to settle down at night and sleep, and he's eating at night. There is hope, as Russ matures. Hang in there!!!

Hugs to all!

Sherilyn

Anonymous said...

To add to what Sherilyn said, you might also want to break out the wire crates until Music is done. They tend to be a bit more sturdy and don't flip over as easy ;o)