Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh My Is All I Can Say




Let's just say if it weren't for Pepto and the neighbor 20 something, I may not have made it through the day with my sanity. But I should start from the beginning...

6:30 am, we awoke to Shaker who had messed his crate and rolled in it. So Kathy bathed the puppy while I cleaned the crate and started a load of laundry. Repeat this at 8:30 am only this time I bathed the puppy while my neighbor cleaned the crate and started laundry. We spent the next couple of hours running him outside. I called our vet thinking he was having a reaction to the deworming medicine he received yesterday.

Then Moose, Fred and Russ started the same stuff. Oh my goodness, my neighbor and I were running in and out with dogs like crazy women. Of course, we didn't make it out with them all the time so the Spot Bot was getting a work out. So much of a work out that the motor burned out. I called the vet again to say it wasn't the deworming meds.

So in the middle of all this chaos, I had to go to Target for equipment and Pepto! I return from the store and my poor neighbor is looking a little wiped out herself. She had run herself ragged grabbing dogs and running outside. And while I was gone, 2 more spots arrived. The neighbor said she had no idea which one it was but described the event as a sniper attack. One minute nothing and the next second a pile of doo!

Okay armed with Pepto and instructions about how much for who from our vet, we administer the yucky pink stuff to Moose, Fred and Shaker. Now in the middle of all of this we tried to give Russ some too, but he decided that he would rather take my face off than have pink goo run down his throat. Now mind you, I am not a newbie in the medicine giving arena. We had a cat once that could have doubled as an a lioness with cubs when it came time to give him a pill. The vet techs where we boarded him would draw straws to see who the unlucky soul who pulled Hawkeye duty. Okay I digress but you get the picture. I tried every trick in the book including brute force to get the stuff in him and it was not going to happen. Fantastic!

Once medicated and the running of the Spot Bot was over everyone settled down for a long afternoon nap. And so far--knock on wood--we have had no more events!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It might be time for the air mattress. This is why I enjoyed under the stars sleeping.