Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Great Escape

It was a lovely cool late afternoon, so my mother-in-law helped my son open the windows and turn off the air. So I walk into the house and notice Russ, Moose and Fred all hanging out by the bay window.

Now I thought it was a bit odd, but well they are Cardigans. All of a sudden I see Moose take a flying leap out of the window, followed immediately by Russ and Fred. Honestly, I couldn't believe my eyes--3 leaping Cardigans. These 3 clowns not only leap out the window but over the shrubs to their landing spot on the front lawn. I think holy crap they went right through the screen, and they have to be injured. Its about a 3-4 foot drop!

I marched outside and these characters are standing there looking at me like "what?" Obviously they are fine so I did my happy puppy dance and they all 3 came gleefully back and I lead the parade back in the house. That's when I notice that my mother-in-law had opened the bottom half of the window that isn't screened.

We finished the evening with a lesson on how to open the bay side windows to the screen, and Moose is grounded!

No comments: