Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hi I'm Shaker

Hi I'm the new puppy Shaker. Mom says my name should be Houdini, but seriously she doesn't get it. I figured out really fast that Russ is the pretty boy and I am the super smart one. Yeah yeah Mom says that Russ is really smart too and has amazing herding instinct, but just hear about what I can do.

We went to someplace called a show site today--whatever. Anyway it was really fun being there but Mom said I had to ride in something called a crate. She made some ridiculous noise about me not being reliable. I don't like the crate and I wanted to ride where the action was happening. So all the way up to the show I studied the crate situation and determined that I could put my paw between the zippers and open up the crate.

On the way home, that's exactly what I did I opened the zipper. Then I jumped out of the crate and went to see Mom. She said I was a clever puppy but, dang it all anyway, she put me back in the crate and zipped it up so I couldn't reach the zippers. Well I only had one choice left.

I had to chew my way out of the crate. I did not set out to destroy the crate but really now she left me no choice at all. I pulled the seam apart between the zipper and the canvas then I jumped down and joined my Mom.

Mom said, "oh you are a clever puppy," but she didn't have any wire crates in the RV so I got to ride loose. That's one for me and none for Mom.

I am a clever puppy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are a clever puppy!!! I'm sure glad that you will be around to help me cause more trouble than our respective families can handle.

I was told that howling at the top of my lungs at 330 in the morning is NOT a good way to wake up my humans when I want out of my house. I don't get it...do you?

Anonymous said...

Bear,

So good to hear from you. Isn't it the darnest thing that humans don't like to be woken up with howls from the crate. I am working on some new tricks to make Mom crazy, I'll keep you up to date.

Peace out bro...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan to me. Maybe I can recruit my Pem brother Ransom as well. Boy does he know some good tricks!!! He knows how to REALLY make the big red Pem mad, and has been teaching me the nuances of how to do it, and live to tell the tale. This is the same big red Pem that dad is scared of, so we ought to have tons of fun with her!! :o)