Saturday, August 23, 2008

News from the Nuthouse














Dear Mom,


Fred here. You sent us to camp at the Gibson Ranch and they initially seemed like reasonable people. We took walks, played in the yard and helped Grandson Russ play a goofy game called "football." They fed us some pretty good grub, and they have cats. I really dig the cats and have really been working my Grandson on some herding moves. It's way more fun to herd cats when their are two or even 3 of us--sometimes I can get Moose to help.

But recently, these seemingly normal people have gone loony. Let me emphasis this Mom--they have gone absolutely around the bend. They did something called putting an offer on a house and somebody somewhere accepted it and that's when the crazy behavior started. They started packing and putting their things in a truck and took it to someplace they call storage. I tell you what Mom it is the weirdest thing I have ever seen in my life.


Then they moved us all from the perfectly lovely river cottage back to someplace they call Bettendorf. The house is a lot bigger and they tell me there is a creek near by, but how would we ever know because we get short walks and then back in the house to entertain ourselves. Hey speaking of entertaining ourselves didn't I hear you say there were suppossed to be planned activities at this camp? If so, please make sure you get a refund because they have failed to provide any activities except last night when they quit early to play with us. Anyway to our credit, we are pretty good at creating games to pass the time. Here's just a few...

Moose plays climb the boxes. Russ' mom caught him and laughed herself senseless. Russ and Shaker enjoy chewing on opposite ends of a bone, and chasing each other around the dining room table. Oh that's another one that makes these weird folks laugh. Me, my game of choice involves the cats. I had one pinned in a closet and used Russ for back up today. He is pretty good at this stuff if I can just keep him focused. And if I don't pick the cats up in my mouth, the head counselor at the Gibson Ranch, Kim doesn't get too upset. In fact she laughs at what she says is my cat obsession. Mom what is an obsession?

Well I am keeping my eyes and ears peeled for any other unusual behavior and will write more if I see anything. I have posted a couple of pictures to show you what is happening around here...one is of Russ and Shaker frapping, one of Shaker mopping for football--he is as crazy for the game as Russ, and a couple of me--one watching the nut house and the other waiting in the computer que.
Love ya Mom please write with advice soon,
Fred

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Fred, boy have we missed you around here. Can't wait to see you in less then a week!

So glad camp has been fun. Max has been watching your ducks for you but no one has been to the creek since you've been gone. We are waiting to close the pool until you and Moose get back for one last splash.

On the moving note-don't you remember 5 years ago when we up and moved out of that little yard in town, to the big farm and new house? Please make sure to give the humans a break, they are just thinking for your and Russ' best interest-more yard to play in with less leashes!

See you in a week,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Mom,

Oh thanks so much for keeping the pool open. Our pool at the river blew into the river. Head Counselor Kim had emptied it to clean and refill when a storm blew up. The darn thing just up and flew away. They tried to recover it but it was gone gone gone...

See you soon,
Fred