Thursday, April 3, 2008

Boot Camp


We weren't even in the door Sunday night when I knew Russ was going to give me a run for my money. He puffed himself up and announced his arrival. Since then he decided that he was going to do things his way, and (stealing a quote here) my requests would be fulfilled later.


At obedience class, he decided that show dogs don't sit or lie down, and at home he developed a widdle at will policy. So I introduced him to boot camp, just call me Col. Kim, as the widdle at will policy has got to go!


So here's how it goes, we go outside frequently and if he does his business, he is free to roam the house. If he doesn't he's crated until we go out again. Well this morning was a test of wills. He wasn't going to do anything outside and I wasn't going to let him out of his crate until he did. Whoooooo weeee was he mad--he barked, sighed, groaned, growled and of course tried flashing his big doe brown eyes at me, but I held firm. He finally went at 11:30am this morning on the grass.


For those of you keeping score at home--that's one for Mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes I do believe that he's hit his teens! Way to go Col Kim, you'll have him ship shape just in time to back track in KY!

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Sigh....