Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Football







Russ and I were headed out for our afternoon walk but as soon as Russ spotted my son playing football believe you me there wasn't going to be a walk. Who knew that Russ was crazy for football. Well his version of football...

The games goes like this--my son kicks the football as far as he can, Russ runs after it as fast as his legs will carry him, and as soon as he gets to the football he turns around and comes back for my son and begs for him to kick the ball again. Russ jumps up, barks and generally tries to get Nick to hurry up, but what he didn't seem to grasp was he was slowing the game down because 'ya can't kick a ball when the Cardi is in front! (Watch the fun http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=yXvlHRivRAw and http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=z28XA-TYsb4


They went back and forth like this for at least a half and hour. Nick was getting tired and needed a water break and trust me folks Russ was just getting warmed up.

We finally convinced Russ that we would play this wonderful game at another time but we all had been running back and forth across the field and we needed water. (Memo to self: bring water bottles when you are playing with the Cardi) But the walk across the back yard, Russ keeps begging for more so Nick obliges but he kept kicking it toward the house.


When Russ realizes that we are up to the house he puts on his best beg yet. We could just hear him saying, "Nick I will be your best friend if you just kick it one more time." He got one more kick out of the boy before he put the ball away. It was a good day to be a Cardigan!


Another day and another big laugh with my buddy Russ!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I understand why you were all so tired-it wasn't a game of fetch, it was a game of chase followed by the human fetching! Once again, shades of his grandpa-oh you are so in trouble.

I see herding in that boy's future-Russ' that is, not Nick!