Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Football by Russ







Russ here.

My best boy Nick taught me this great new game yesterday called football. I was a newbie yesterday so I made some mistakes. But today I figured a bunch of stuff out.

1. I learned that if you wait a little ways away from your boy he kicks it faster. (Watch at http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=5qoqMTiarxg
2.I also learned boys don't like being jumped on in the their fronts! All of a sudden he screamed like a girl when I did that...I don't think I will do that again.

3. I learned I like having a water station in the side yard. I can drop in for a drink any old time.

4. I learned I could rest in the shade and run out when my boy gets ready to kick it. (Watch at http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUTzYWRoUo)

5. I learned if you bite the ball it goes flat. (Watch at http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=xiVqQ6qUrCw)
6. I learned when the ball goes flat my boy doesn't think much of it.

7. I learned that when my boy brings a new ball out he is very serious about not biting it.

8. I learned that humans actually think that the dog should bring the ball back not wait for them to come to you. I don't get that so we are going to continue to play by my rules.

9. I learned if you look really sweet and cute that my boy will play longer.

10. I learned that my boy doesn't like me to slobber on the ball. I don't get that either but my slobber on the ball slowed down the game, so I try not to do it.

11. And most important...I learned I really love this game we call football.

Russ out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

#4 on the list--Grandpa Fred here: My boy, Alec, will tell you that I do the same thing in herding. When you have demonstrated to the humans watching - several times I might add, that you know the sheep can't go anywhere else(it's a small arena btw). That you have circled them both directions - again, several times. Stopped them, etc, that it's just a heck of a lot easier to go lie down in the shade and watch them stand in the corner. If by chance those stupid woolie things would try something, I'm usually close enough to get things back under control, then back to the shady area.

Some days I don't get it either-why can't we slobber on it? Why can't we roll in things? and why won't they let us go swimming in the BIG water?

Anonymous said...

Wow Grandpa you are so smart, I can't wait until I can hang out with you and learn lots and lots or really cool stuff!

And what is it about humans that they don't like sweet smelling stuff and slobber?

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add something about item #2--they don't appreciate it when they are lying down and you jump on their nether regions either. My human David, really hates it when I do that when he's asleep in bed and Auntie Cindy won't give me more room on her side of the bed. I have to get to David's side some how and a quick bounce or two on the humans and I get lots of room on the otherside of the bed with the black dog Hope. Much easier then getting off and walking around the bed-I don't get it-why waste the energy when you can bounce?

Anonymous said...

Ooh Ooh bouncing across the bed what a great idea, Grandpa. I'll give that one a try tonight.