Sunday, April 6, 2008

Community Property




Every one has that one pair of shoes that 'ya just love wearing. They probably aren't the prettiest ones in the closet but they darn sure are the most comfortable. Well this is definitely the case with my Merrill mules. I love these shoes. They are warm and fuzzy and just the thought of them makes my feet happy. Unfortunately, they are Russ' favorite too.

I've tried everything--hiding them, burying them under other shoes in shoe bin, putting them up (read Corgi Height), and, of course, tried and true training methods. But he is drawn to these shoes like they have a Star Trek tracker beam pulling him in. All sense is thrown to the wind and he must have those shoes.

So here's how the scene usually plays itself out. I put my mules somewhere I think is safe, of course it is not. When it is time for me to find my shoes, I first look where I left them and naturally they are not there. Then I begin my great shoe hunt, and where ever I find them I can guarantee that he has pulled the insole out. Some times I catch a break and find the insole and shoe together. (Now that's a banner day) And the scene always ends the same--Russ looking at me like "I don't get it" their communal property, right?

Just another day and another laugh with my buddy Russ.


P.S. In fairness to Russ I should add that he doesn't chew them. He just liberates them from their hiding place and removes the insole so that it is easier to roll in!

No comments: