Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mom is Clueless

Russ here.

I hate to have to say this but my Mom is completely clueless.

I tried to tell her all morning that there was danger a foot, but did she listen? NO! Our very way of life was threatened by this moving menace, but did she care? NO!

I made her get up and go to the door to witness the threat, but did she recognize the imminent peril? NO! She just kept going about her usual business--washing clothes, washing dishes, picking up. (That's another post--why does she feel it is so important to use all that water--dirt smells good.)

Finally I got her to go outside to get a front row view of the threat. Can you believe it? All she said was, "For goodness sake Russ it's a lawnmower and it isn't even close." Close? What does she mean it isn't close--it is across the street, up the hill and on the other side of the tree line. Now that is way to close for comfort.

Well she is totally clueless, and it is a good thing I am on the job to keep her safe.

Russ out.

No comments: