Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Canine Good Citizenship


Maybe the lesson for today is: I should never take Russ to obedience class after he pees on steam cleaning hoses.

Our trainer offered to do a run through with Russ in preparation for his Canine Good Citizenship test next week. Well at the risk of exaggerating--if we took it today we would have gotten the lowest score possible.

He danced on his toes trying to get other dogs to play with him when he was supposed to be calmly waiting for me to shake hands with the owner. He popped up like a jack rabbit as soon as I turned to walk away for his sit/stay. The 20ft stay well lets say inches weren't possible. When I told him to sit he turned his head and pretended I wasn't in the building. The down command, I might as well have been speaking in Greek. I could go on but let's face it--the above says it all.

He is sitting next to me while I type looking all innocent, so I probably should say that he heeled nicely through the crowd and let hordes of small children pet him.

Just another day and another laugh with my buddy Russ.

P.S. I think the demented look in today's picture says it all.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids' behavior seems to be really effected by a full moon so I just looked to see what phase of the moon we were in. No full moons in sight to give Russ a good excuse to use. Sorry Russ, it was all you. Joy

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Ah yes, I remember phases of the moon from my days as a crisis worker. Your right it is not the moon, but it is all about him becoming a unaltered teenage male Cardigan! Oh goody the teens.