Friday, April 11, 2008

A Day in My Life


Russ here.

It has been awhile since I gave you my thoughts so I decided to tell you about today.

I woke up at 6:30 am and was ready for play time. Can you believe that my Mom said it was way to early to be social and pleasant? I don't get it! Oh well, in an effort to show her I could be pleasant, I went back to sleep for an hour.

We went outside at 7:30 a.m. The grass is wet and soggy and their are pools everywhere. I like to roll in them. Mom said remember it is not warm enough to stay outside and dry off. Yuck she used the towel on me. I don't get it.

She said I didn't do all my business even though we were outside for 20 mins. So she put me in my crate. I was really mad! I could hear her in the kitchen doing dishes and talking to Grandma. Grandma said, I was a "drama king." I don't get it.

Mom took me outside again. I did my thing and then I got to roam free in the house. I played with Sara. My sister Sara is a funny dog. When we play she stands in one place and nudges me while I do laps around the house. Mom says Sara is very old and that's how she plays. I don't get it.

Mom had errands to run so she put me in the stupid crate again. I moaned and whined until I figured out everyone was gone. Mom came home and as soon as I heard her footsteps I started again. Grandma said that someone on the outside would think I was abused. Mom said, "yes they would". I need to be louder maybe the neighbors will here me. Mom said not a chance the wall are very sound proof. Dang!

Mom and I ran to the cottage to load some stuff in the RV. Mom took me out of my car crate and then noticed that the side yard was a lake. Oh was that ever fun. And better yet, she didn't have a towel. You should see her coat. It has great pawgraphs all over it. She didn't think it was all that great. I don't get it.

When we got home, I got an e-mail from Aunt Cindy. It was a picture of Grandpa Fred sleeping. He sleeps just like I do--upside down with feet waving to the ceiling. It is very comfy. (If you want to see Grandpa Fred, just click on Mom's blog roll that reads Foggy Bottom) Grandpa Fred also likes water and rolling is sweet smelling stuff--like fish, manure and dead animals. I love the smell of that stuff. Mom says it is just gross. I don't get it. I can't wait to play with Grandpa Fred. Mom says it will be okay because he surely couldn't teach me anything that I haven't already tried at least twice. We'll just see about that.

I am getting very very sleepy, so I'll sign out for now. Russ out.

P.S. Today's picture was taken when I was a little baby Cardi. We were camping in the Ozarks and I was hanging out with my funny sister Sara. I like to climb up on blankets so that I am as tall as Sara. Mom says Sara is a big girl. I want everyone to know I am a bigger boy!

No comments: