Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Dog's Life







Russ here.


My humans are nuts.


Mom left first thing this morning to do something she called babysitting. I didn't think much of it so I widdled twice on the carpet. My other Mom wasn't too happy but, well, I had to let everyone know I was mad. (To prove my point, after Mom got home I didn't widdle on the carpet anymore.)


Then she got home and said Russ let's go to the river and see what is happening. My crazy people jumped on the floating dock to do something they called securing it better. I thought they were nuts, and worse yet, they left me in my crate. They said I get under foot when they are trying to work. I don't get it and I was mad.


The new neighbor brought her miniature dachshund over. This little bit of a thing thought she was tough and growled at me when I was just being friendly. I didn't get it but Mom said it would take some time to become friends. Then Mom took me into the side yard for a romp. I love to romp in the side yard. I found a dead rotting great smelling fish and started to roll in it. Boy oh boy, Mom about came unglued. She said, "leave it" about 4 times, and then picked me up and said "Russ you are just gross". I didn't get it, I thought it was really great.


Then Mom said let's go see the river down stream a bit. They said we were going on the bike path so I could go along too. We came across some people who were catching really big fish. Mom said, "No Russ you can't go see the fish." I didn't get it all. I wanted to roll around in them for a minute, but Mom said the people wanted to eat the fish. I didn't want to eat the fish just roll in them.


We walked a little bit further to see the workers building somthing. What they didn't tell me was the crazy humans with big machines were building something called an earthen dam to keep the flood waters back. Those stupid machines were load and obnoxious. I didn't get it and told Mom we needed to leave RIGHT NOW! I pulled her all the way back to the truck. She kept stopping and telling me "no pull" heel. Heel smeel I wanted to get back to the truck and away from the crazy humans. (When I didn't hear the machines anymore I decided to walk like Mom wanted me to.)


Well Russ out. I write again when my people go over the deep end again.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're home and posting again. I read your entries and smile, sometimes I find myself laughing out loud. Thanks. Joy

Anonymous said...

Joy,

Thanks. I am glad my Mom and I can give you good chuckles. We are wondering when you are bringing your Cardi clown home? We can't wait to hear about another Cardi puppy!

Russ