Sunday, April 13, 2008

Time to Show











Russ hates being groomed but he loves to show. He thinks he smells and looks just fine, thank you very much, without a bath, blow dry and nail trimming. In his heart of hearts, he just doesn't get why he has to be groomed before each show.

He knows when we're getting ready to leave and he keeps a careful eye on what is packed. He has also developed a good sense about the bath thing, and when it is time he waits for me to pick him up and carry him to the tub. Trust me there is no way he will walk to a bath. (This from the dog that will roll and jump in anything water related outside, but oh, of course, silly me, that water is dirty!)

So I've uploaded a couple of pictures from the blow dry experience. But here's the thing, as soon as I turned off the blow dryer, the boy strikes a pose. Yep, he puffs himself up and demands that you give him proper attention, and by all means take that picture. (His natural pose is the one where his feet are back a ways from the table edge, and the only thing I did was tease his head up a bit).

Not wanting him to think that it was okay to stand back from the table edge I stacked him for the second picture. Yep that's my buddy, who normally would rather be rolling in something incredibly disgusting, romping in a mud puddle, giving me his opinion about, well let's face it, just about everything or sleeping upside down on some comfy piece of furniture, but give him a platform and he is all business.

We'll be gone for a little more than a week, but I'll be sure to collect all of his funny stories to report on when we get home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I'll be thinking about you. Joy

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

thanks! We should have a lot of fun!